Enter the BirdSpotter Photo Contest!
As we start our 26th season of FeederWatch, we’re celebrating with a new photo contest sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods. The contest features weekly prizes for the photo that receives the most votes on the contest page in Facebook. At the end of FeederWatch season, we’ll hold a vote to determine the grand prize winner, who will win a trip for two to Oregon to go birding with Bob and tour the Red Mill, among other great prizes.
Each week’s contest features a theme for the photos. We’ll post the theme each Wednesday and you can begin uploading photos and/or voting for them immediately. Voting lasts until Sunday night, and we’ll announce the winner on Monday morning and contact them to send a prize package of tasty Bob’s Red Mill products and a few souvenirs from the Cornell Lab.
A few other notes on how the system works:
- Be sure to enter your photo on the contest tab. Photos uploaded to our main Facebook page or emailed to FeederWatch won’t be entered.
- The contest only allows one entry per person per week. Choose wisely!
- Photos don’t have to be taken the week of the contest, so you can look through your archives.
- Even if you don’t enter the contest, you can help choose the winner. You may vote for as many photos as you like, although you may only vote for each photo once.
- When you enter a photo, you grant us permission to use it in the future (as with other Project FeederWatch photo submissions). Please be sure to upload only photos that are yours. Full contest rules are posted here.
- You don’t have to be a Project FeederWatch participant to enter—but we hope you’ll join the project anyway!
- Weekly winners: prize pack containing four Bob’s Red Mill products (may include Steel Cut Oats, 7 Grain Pancake Mix, Black Bean Soup Mix, Whole Wheat Flour, Scottish Oatmeal, 10 Grain Pancake Mix, 13 Bean Soup, Muesli, Quick Steel Cut Oats, Buttermilk Pancake Mix, Whole Grains & Beans Soup Mix, or 10 Grain Cereal), either a hat or an apron, a membership to the Cornell Lab, Inside Birding DVD, Cornell Lab camera strap, Cornell Lab coffee mug, lens cloth.
- Third Place Grand Prize: Gift basket of Bob’s goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, Cornell Lab t-shirt, one bag of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly coffee.
- Second Place Grand Prize: Gift basket of BRM goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, product gift card for $100, Cornell Lab sweatshirt, one bag of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly Coffee.
- Grand Prize: Three-night trip for two to Portland. Hotel and airfare. Afternoon with Bob including Mill Tour and lunch at Mill Store. Day birding with NW birding group. Gift basket of Bob’s Red Mill goodies, one of each of the three Bob’s product gift sets, product gift card for $100, seat in Cornell Lab Courtship & Rivalry online course, Cornell Lab sweatshirt, Cornell Lab T-shirt, two bags of Birds & Beans Bird Friendly Coffee.
The theme for this first week of the contest: photos of your feeder setup (with or without birds). So grab your camera, get outside, and wow us! We’ll see you on Facebook for the voting!